The Business Service Network is a new service that the Coastal Bend Innovation Center is introducing to our clients. Through this service our clients will be able to set an appointment with one of the experts of the College of Business at Texas A&M University Corpus Christi in order to receive assistance, training and further guidance throughout their business development process.
Kent Byus is the Chairperson for the Department of Management and Marketing and is a Professor of Marketing and Entrepreneurship at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi in Texas. He holds a Ph.D. in Business Administration from New Mexico State University, an MBA from Texas Tech University, and a BBA from the University of Texas at El Paso. Prior to entering his academic career with Texas A&M University, Dr. Byus enjoyed a successful career in commercial broadcasting. In addition to owning and operating commercial radio stations in Alaska, he maintains ownership interests in small retail and consulting-service businesses, as well as residential and commercial real estate. His research interests include entrepreneurial decision-making, marketing strategy, business planning, business development, and ethics. Dr. Byus is published in several refereed journals including:
Dr. Byus provides consulting in the following business areas:
Amir M. Hormozi is a professor of operations management at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. He earned his Ph.D. in operations management from the University of Houston, and is certified as CFPIM at the fellow level by APICS. He has years of experience in training and implementation of manufacturing planning and control systems, and has consulted for a variety of for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. He frequently speaks at national conferences. Dr. Hormozi is past chair of national remanufacturing group and past president of the Detroit Chapter of APICS. His research interests include operations/manufacturing strategy, project management, and quality and environmental issues. He has published edited volumes and numerous articles.
- Associate Professor of Marketing at Metropolitan State College of Denver (1997 to 2004)
- Ph.D. in Business Administration (1996, New Mexico State University) with a major in Marketing and a minor in Management Education.
- MBA (1989, New Mexico State University) with an emphasis in Training & Development.
-BBA in Human Resource Management (1986, New Mexico State University).
-20+ years teaching online/digital marketing at the college level.
-Prior work experience in retail/hospitality management, advertising sales, and business development.
-Primary area of expertise: digital marketing to include search engine optimization, search advertising, display advertising, YouTube/video advertising, email marketing and analytics.
Elwin Myers has taught Business Communications and Business Ethics courses at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi since 1988. He served as the proceedings editor for the Society for Advancement of Management's International Conference for nearly 20 years.
- Dr. Katherine T. Smith received her Doctor of Business Administration degree from Louisiana Tech University.
- She teaches Consumer Behavior and Marketing Principles at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Her research interests include digital marketing, mobile marketing, corporate social responsibility, and marketing to Millennials and Digital Natives.
- Dr. Smith has written over 50 research articles appearing in national journals such as Journal of Strategic Marketing, Journal of Consumer Marketing, and Business and Professional Communication Quarterly.
Dr. Smith provides consulting in the following business areas:
To schedule a meeting today please click below to contact Melissa Windle.email@example.com