The Coastal Bend Business Innovation Center (“CBBIC”) at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (“TAMU-CC”), and Cheniere Energy
(“Cheniere”) have teamed together to facilitate a series of six (6) workshops designed to assist innovative, local entrepreneurs
in developing business models that align with and fulfill industry supply-chain needs while strengthening the local economy.
At the conclusion of the six (6) workshops, participants can apply for grant funds from Cheniere with awards ranging from $5,000
to $20,000. These awards are open to all small businesses and entrepreneurs in the Coastal Bend who complete all six (6) workshops.
Program Description & Benefits
The program seeks to achieve two important outcomes for the Coastal Bend economy:
• Inspiring ambitious small businesses and entrepreneurs in the Coastal Bend to pursue their next challenge
by offering a series of specific professional development programs culminating in an opportunity for select
businesses to apply for business development funds through a competitive grant process.
• Supporting the major industry and public sector employers in the Coastal Bend economy through
strengthening supply chain participation by providing potential funding opportunities and assistance
to local businesses and entrepreneurs on how to leverage their business and/or skills to fulfill growing need
for vendors, business services, catering, fabrication, manufacturing, construction, and more.
Competitive applications will describe how the small business will use these funds for growth, increased productivity, or improved access to markets. Additionally, with COVID-19 impacting how small businesses can operate, applications will also be considered that discuss how the grant, and the project that stems from it, will help their business sustain operations. Targeted business and public sector employers have been provided by Cheniere below:
• Catering Services
• Events Organization and Rentals
• Printing/Advertisement Services
• Janitorial Services
• Safety Services
• Pest and Control Services
• Small Scale Fabrication
• Others as determined by Cheniere
The program is designed to provide small businesses with the knowledge and guidance needed to
bridge gaps in their capacity to market their products and services to major industry partners in the Coastal Bend region.
In addition to the opportunity for select businesses to apply for grant funding after the successful completion of the program,
recipients will receive the following benefits:
• Guidance through specialized curriculum from the CBBIC with input from industry and public sector professionals for
businesses aiming to fulfill the growing needs of the Coastal Bend Region of Texas.
• Access to assistance from a member of a panel composed of CBBIC, Cheniere, area industry leadership, and major public
sector employers for participants who successfully complete the program and apply for grant funding from the competitive
grant process following the program
• CBBIC will provide on-going consultation to businesses as appropriate.
• Other small business resources, as available, to support business growth.
• When culminating grant cycle opens, at Cheniere’s discretion, businesses that
particularly meet industry supply chain needs will be invited to submit grant applications
for funding awards ranging from $5,000-$20,000.
• Workshops will begin September 14, 2022 and conclude November 16, 2022.
• Upon completion of 6-session program series, the Coastal Bend Business Innovation Center
will disseminate applications and collect grant proposals from businesses who meet the
criteria to apply for funding.
• Applications for grant funds will be due December 1, 2022.
• CBBIC will provide the grant proposals to Cheniere’s review panel, who will evaluate the
applications and make final decisions regarding the awarding of grant funds.
• Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Institutional Advancement Office will administer
grant funds based on the decisions made by Cheniere’s review panel.
• On-going, quarterly check-ins with grantees will take place for the year following receipt of grant funding.
Please remember to qualify for award funds, you MUST attend all 6 workshops. Each workshop will be held from 10:30am-11:30am.